How to make jeera rice Instant Pot in 3 minutes with a blend of spices.
Yesterday night dinner was roti with paneer butter masala and I ended with some leftover gravy.
To pair the gravy I decided to make this jeera rice instant pot. I usually buy basmati rice from Costco since I ran out of stock this time I bought it from a local store.
Weekly once I love to make jeera rice with basmati kind in the instant pot since this also falls under low GI
The recipe posted here is for white variety basmati in the instant pot. The soaking time, cooking time will differ for brown basmati rice.
This jeera rice instant pot recipe is a fantastic combination for any gravy that’s spicy.
You can pair this rice with this instant pot eggplant gravy
Here is the more detailed information on instant pot
WONDERING WHY INSTANT POT ?
If you are the one like me thinking why instantpot when I have a pressure cooker? Here are a few reasons I justified myself before owning one instant pot a year back.
Here are the below reasons “why should you buy insta pot when I have a pressure cooker”:
- The first and topmost reason is it has a base made of stainless steel. Which has really impressed me. It’s been more than 3 years I’m staying away from nonstick utensils. I have been substituting with cast iron or stainless steel. The lodge is my favorite cast iron brand and I recommend it anytime.
- Delay timer – I can just load my insta pot and go shopping or even early breakfast is ready without any interventions. Which is very safe I do this almost all weekends. My family can have healthy homemade food.
- Zero monitoring – Every day when I put my toddler to nap, I can spend time with my baby telling stories whereas instantpot takes care of my cooking and also no whistling noise like a pressure cooker which helps my baby to sleep.
- Less Mess- It is one pot I need to clean. I feel the saute function is just a brilliant find in the insta pot. Sometimes when we do Indian cooking on the stovetop the mustard seeds will crackle and spread everywhere, which in turn, will create a lot of mess. It’s also dishwasher safe.
- Slow cooking – When I want to make some desserts I can vouch for you how complicated recipes can be made in a breeze. You can find a few listed below.
- Rice – Can you believe the rice is ready in 3 minutes? Yes, I was amazed at how beautifully it’s cooked in 3 minutes.
- You can do multi cooking from soups ,porridge,yogurt,idli batter fermentation,desserts,saute,sprouts,steaming vegetables etc.
- You can even warm your food.
My day goes with 2 instant pots one is 6 quarts and the other is 3 quarts to make all my Indian vegetarian instant pot recipes. I make my breakfast, lunch, dinner even desserts with my 2 instant pots.
The best way we get carbs and protein is from rice, lentils, beans, and legumes.
How to cook perfect basmati rice instant pot?
This is one of the simplest and quickest methods to cook basmati rice in instant pot. Use the right amount of water, soaking time and doing a QR in instant pot makes perfect basmati rice.
The spices I used for taste are cinnamon, bay leaf, green chili, cumin seeds, cloves, and cardamom.
Now let us see how to Cook Perfect Rice in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes. Switch on the instant pot and turn on saute mode, once it turns ‘HOT’ add ghee, cumin seeds, bay leaf, green chili, cloves, and cardamom.
Add rice in instant pot and saute for a minute and add 1.25 cups of water for 1 cup of rice, add salt and mix it well and close the lid.
Set manual/pressure cook to 3 minutes and do a QR(Quick-Release). How to make white rice in Instant Pot in 3 minutes is ready to serve.
Looking for instant pot for sale -check here.
How to make white rice in Instant Pot - 3 minutes
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1-2 leaves bay leaf
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 nos cloves
- 2 nos cardamom
- 1 tbsp ghee/Clarified butter/oil
- 1 Cup rice
- 1.25 Cups water
- To taste salt
Switch on the instant pot and turn on saute mode ,once it turns 'HOT' add ghee ,cumin seeds,bay leaf,green chilli,cloves and cardamom.
Add basmati rice and saute for a minute and add 1.25 cups of water for 1 cup of rice,add salt and mix it well and close the lid.
Set manual/pressure cook to 3 minutes and do a QR(Quick Release).Your perfect rice is ready to serve.
I washed basmati rice in running water once and soaked it for 10-12 minutes maximum.Please dont soak the rice more than this time if you want it to be fluffy.
Try this easy and no-fail jeera rice instant pot rice.Don’t forget to tag me in Instagram #nithyaskitchn